In this article you'll learn how to create a credential in Amazon Web Services to authorize Moss to launch new servers on your behalf.
How to get a credential from Amazon
1. Log into the AWS Console
2. Choose the 'IAM' service
3. Go to the 'Users' section and click 'Add user'
4. Provide a user name and check the 'Programmatic access' box
5. In the 'Attach existing policies directly' option, check the 'AmazonEC2FullAccess' box
6. Check everything's ok and click the 'Create user' button
7. Download and/or copy your 'Access key ID' and 'Secret access key' (keep them safe)
How to add the Amazon credential in Moss
Go to the 'Credentials' section of your organization and click the 'Add' button:
Choose Amazon as the provider and provide the following inputs:
- Name of the credential in Moss. This is how you can distinguish among different credentials. Examples: 'my-customer-name', 'moss @ amazon'.
- Access Key ID. See step 7 in the previous section.
- Secret Access Key. See step 7 in the previous section.
Finally click the 'Add' button.
Wow, you've integrated Moss with Amazon! Now you can launch servers on Amazon EC2 using your new credential.